Last changed: 12-23-2008
Preview of SOD2 available!
After a long development cycle SOD2 is considered to be mature enough for public review. The lastest beta version is available from the download page.
New in SOD2
- performance for large database greatly improved
- greatly improved query execution engine
- improved logging and recovery
- object level concurrency
- administration toolkit
- C# language binding
- greatly improved ODL support
- steal strategy for Java and C#
- literal complex data types
- improved OQL support
- cost based query optimization
SOD2 is a fast object-oriented database providing Java, C++ and C# language binding. SOD2 provides full ACID support and allows database access with or without a dedicated database server.
- full ACID transaction and recovery support
- ODMG 3 C++ and Java language binding, C# language binding similar to the standard Java binding
- query language OQL (under development)
- language independent access. The data is accessible from C++, Java and C# without change
- the database size is not limit by available memory (more than 4GB are possible)
- portable, available for multiple platforms
Basically SOD2 is free for personal use but requires a license for commercial use. More detail can be found in the license section.